june 1-30, 2023
A relatively simple challenge…there are two levels of difficulty using any of the following activities, trail or road running or hiking, trail or road biking and flat water paddling. You can use ANY COMBINATION OF ACTIVITIES and all you have to do is complete four routes in the month. The main rule is that one route must be hard. Here are the routes we have so far. If you would like to add one, just create the route on Plot-A-Route and send it to me.
There’s no reason those of you that are not around Chattanooga can’t play too. All you need is four routes, all at least 10 miles long (trail running or hiking or the equivalent on the bike) and one hard. The equivalent on road or bike and paddling is explained below. Just send me the Plot-A-Route and I will include it.
Here is How it Works:
- Register with the form below. The cost is $25.
- This will allow you to edit your own results.
What You Get:
We’ll craft an awesome T-shirt for all finishers and we’ll be working on some sponsors that will likely add some SWAG. We’ll also have a festive gathering at the end. It is far easier to get support if we know there is good interest from the participants, so please sign up early.
Added bonus: If you complete at least four hard routes in any sport, you will get a special award from Patagonia as well as the cool shirt.
Please note: You may complete as many routes as you’d like in a month. The challenge is specifically for four but have fun doing as many as you like. Speed doesn’t matter.
June 1st-30th, 2023
Trail Running or Hiking
- Lookout Loop - 20 miles (hard)
- Any of the Chattanooga Mountains Stage Race routes and all are hard
- Lookout Vert Fest - 17 miles 6,500’ of climbing (hard)
- Big Daddy - 11 miles
- Lula to Long Branch ½ Marathon - Open gate day only
- Flipper Bend ½ Marathon
- Still Hollow ½ Marathon
- Rabid Raccoon 25K
- Mullins Cove 10
- Upper North Chick Creek 11
- Stump Jump 10
Flat Water Paddling
Since we are talking about flat water, the distance is the main criteria, so anything over 31 miles counts as Hard and the rest (the “Easy”) must be at least 20 miles.
- STRAVA seems to be the most popular app to record your efforts but there are many other options.
- Request to join our Wild Trails Everest Challenge STRAVA club so we can encourage each other. It can also be a great place to find friends going at your pace.
- Join our Wild Trails Everest Challenge Facebook to post photos and help encourage each other.
- Most injuries happen on the way down. This is not a test of speed! Take it easy going down.
- You can make up a lot of ground by doing laps on a weekend day. Take a friend with you.