Choo Choo Chase Paddle Race
The Choo Choo Chase River Race offers 7 mile, 2.5 mile and Kid’s paddle race options for a variety of boat types and sizes. Below you can find all the logistics and costs. View the Race Details document for info on craft divisions. Come race with us or cheer on your friends, then stick around for a catered by a top local chef with meat and vegan options and beverages.
Membership to Wild Trails at any level will gain you a 10% discount to any race and at the Trail Steward level will gain you free entry into any 3 races (except the Chattanooga Trail Relay and Upchuck 50K). Click HERE for details.
Date: Saturday, April 18, 2020
Race Weekend Schedule:
- Friday April 17:
- Packet pickup 4-6 PM location TBD
- Saturday April 18:
- 7:30 am (EST) – Board staging and Registration (if limit not met)
- 9:00 am – Registration closes; Packet Pickup Closes
- 9:45 am – Mandatory Racer Meeting (all short and long course racers)
- 10:00 am – National Anthem and Long Course start
- 10:10 am – Short Course start
- 11:45 am – Kid’s Race Meeting followed by Race Start
- 12:30 pm – Lunch Opens
- 1-1:30 pm – Awards
- $50 thru 3/18 includes tee shirt
- $60 3/19 thru 4/15 includes tee shirt
- Online registration closes 4/5 12 Noon EDT
- $70 race day onsite or night before at packet pickup but no tee shirt
- $30 thru 3/18 includes tee shirt
- $40 3/19 thru 4/15 includes tee shirt
- Online registration closes 4/15 Noon pm EDT
- $50 race day onsite or night before at packet pickup but no tee shirt
Kids Course $15 thru 4/15 (includes tee shirt), $20 race day onsite (no tee shirt)
All Kids’ Course racers who registered before 4/1 receive finisher’s awards.
* Tee Shirts: We will place an optional tee order after the race for those who would like to order a tee. (Cost will be $15 local pickup/$22 if mailed)
Start/Finish Location: *NEW LOCATION* Harrison Bay State Park – 8411 Harrison Bay Rd, Harrison, TN 37341
Please note that we have changed our race fee policy. We no longer have a price increase one month out. In the past the price increase was to encourage runners to sign up early in order to gain a more accurate size and count for ordering race shirts. Now, there is no price bump. However, you will not get a shirt on race day if you register after March 6, 2019. We will likely have extras for purchase on race day and we will place another shirt order after the race. Click the race details for more info.