Choo Choo Chase Paddle Race
New location this year!
Join us at the top of the Tennessee River Gorge for the 4th Annual Choo Choo Chase River Race. Featuring 7.25 and 2.25 mile courses as well as a kids’ race (conditions permitting), get your season started right with this first points race for the Southern Stoke Paddle Series. Featuring award categories for multiple SUP board classes by gender as well as an open category.
RACE DEADLINES AND REGISTRATION:
*****Online Registration BY 4/15 includes tee shirt
*****Online Registration closes noon 4/15
***Registration deadline for craft classes: As other crafts register BY APRIL 1, crafts with 5+ entries will form their own award class! Tee shirt registration deadline 3/28
Membership to Wild Trails at any level will gain you a 10% discount to any race and at the Trail Steward level will gain you free entry into any 3 races (except the Chattanooga Trail Relay and Upchuck 50K). Click HERE for details.
Date: August 8, 2020
Race Weekend Schedule:
Friday April 17:
- Packet pickup 4-6 PM at River Drifters (1925 Such Creek Road, Chattanooga 37405)
Sturday April 18:
- 7:30 am (EST) – Board staging and Registration at River Drifters (if limit not met)
- 9:00 am – Registration closes; Packet Pickup Closes
- 9:45 am – Mandatory Racer Meeting (all short and long course racers)
- 10:00 am – National Anthem and Long Course start
- 10:10 am – Short Course start
- 11:45 am – Kid’s Race Meeting followed by Race Start
- 12:30 pm – Lunch Opens
- 1-1:30 pm – Awards
- $50 thru 3/18 includes tee shirt
- $60 3/19 thru 4/15 includes tee shirt
- Online registration closes 4/15 @ 12 Noon EDT
- $70 race day onsite or night before at packet pickup but no tee shirt
- $30 thru 3/18 includes tee shirt
- $40 3/19 thru 4/15 includes tee shirt
- Online registration closes 4/15 @ Noon pm EDT
- $50 race day onsite or night before at packet pickup but no tee shirt
Kids Course $15 thru 4/15 (includes tee shirt), $20 race day onsite (no tee shirt)
All Kids’ Course racers who registered before 4/1 receive finisher’s awards.
* Tee Shirts: We will place an optional tee order after the race for those who would like to order a tee. (Cost will be $15 local pickup/$22 if mailed)
Start/Finish Location: *TBD*
Please note that we have changed our race fee policy. We no longer have a price increase one month out. In the past the price increase was to encourage runners to sign up early in order to gain a more accurate size and count for ordering race shirts. Now, there is no price bump. However, you will not get a shirt on race day if you register after March 6, 2019. We will likely have extras for purchase on race day and we will place another shirt order after the race. Click the race details for more info.